On the 20th of June the Institute put into the operation an ambulatory in order to diagnose and prepare patients for in-treatment. On the 14th of July 1941 the ambulatory together with the Institute was evacuated to Pyatigorsk, and in summer 1942 – to Tashkent. After Odessa’s liberation on the 12th of September the Institute returned to Odessa and started working on the basis of the eye clinic of Odessa Medical Institute. In January 1946 after the building reconstruction the Institute moved to its own building and ambulatory work continued. At that time the ambulatory was placed in the main building. Medical equipment was not enough. The staff did their best to provide medical care to patients.
A new building for the ambulatory was constructed in 1952. It placed general and specialized ophthalmic offices. There were 60-70 thousand visits a year. In 1958 was finished a new building enabling to place 27 policlinic offices including specialized offices of departments of glaucoma, corneal transplantation, vascular tract, retinal detachment, trauma, burns, pediatric ophthalmology, eye tumors as well as the offices of orthoptic clinical examination and of general ophthalmology.
In 1971 the ambulatory was renamed the Consultative Policlinic of the Filatov Institute.