Microbiology Group of Sanitary Epidemiological Department
Head: Alla Molodaya, bacteriologist
Laboratory – 048 729 83 01
The Laboratory was founded in 1936 as a research, diagnostic and organizing centre for studying diagnosis and treatment of ocular inflammations.
Lyudmila Dolenko – bacteriologist
Lyudmila Okhota. – lab bacteriologist
Vera Kondrova – assistance nurse
Main directions of work
There are two main directions of work – clinical and sanitary-epidemiological researches.
Clinical Bacteriology – investigation of conjunctival discharge, corneal scrapping, intraocular environments of anterior segment and vitreous, foreign bodies removed from the eye, contents of open wounds, airway, genital organs, urine, blood, autopsy material as well as determination of antibiograms and others. These investigations are focused on objectification of diagnosis and specification of the stage of inflammatory process, identification of its type, detection of every type microorganism’s concentration, determination of antibiotic and antifungal preparations sensitivity of microorganisms. The high accuracy definition of causative agent and its antibiotic sensitivity enables to control the disease as quick as possible and to prevent developing chronic forms. Individual treatment course is developed for each patient on the basis of the investigations.
Sanitary Bacteriology – current microbiological control of compliance with sanitary epidemiological regimen at hospital. Monitoring post surgical wounds to detect hospital strains of microorganisms and to prevent hospital infections.
- Microbiology Group of Sanitary Epidemiologic Department
- Laboratory for Ultrasonic Diagnosis and Treatment of Eye Diseases
- Laboratory for Electron Microscopy
- Laboratory for Pathomorphological and Electron Microscopic Study
- Laboratory for Medical and Technical Developments
- Laboratory of Binocular Vision Disorders
- Laboratory for Immunological Research
- Department of Functional and Diagnostic Study
- Department of Physiotherapy
- Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory
- Laboratory of Biochemistry