Department of Functional and Diagnostic Study
Head: Valerii Ponomarchuk, Doctor of Medical Science, Professor
Contact: 048 263 64 55
Office №202 048 729 83 84
Office №204 048 729 84 88
The Laboratory includes the Laboratory of Functional Methods of Research of the Eye. The Laboratory of Functional Research Methods as the Institute’s department was founded on the 1st of January 1948. A group of electrophysiology was set on the basis of the Laboratory in 1975.
Nataliya Khramenko, Cand. of Med. Sc.
Svetlana Slobodyanik, Cand. of Med. Sc.
Valerii Drozhenko, Cand. of Med. Sc.
There is a wide range of electrophysiological and psychophysical studies of the eye using high-technology equipment of Ukraine’s and world manufacturers including electrophysiological system Roland Consult (Germany), Humphrey field analyzer (Carl Zeiss, Germany), computer system for blood and brain circulation “Reokom” (Kharkov, Ukraine) etc.
Main directions of scientific research:
- Development and clinical application of ophthalmic electronic, photo and miostimulators “Phosphen” for diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the optic nerve, retina, and ocularmotor apparatus
- Diagnostics of color vision
- Study of blood and brain circulation
- Ophthalmic ergonomic studies
Main directions of the practical work:
Diagnostics of functional disorders of visual analyzer in inflammatory dystrophic and degenerative conditions on the basis of the set of functional and diagnostic methods including:
- Vision field test including Humphrey field analyzer
- Complex of electrophysiological tests (ISCEV standard electroretinography, multifocal electroretinography, monitoring visual evoked potentials, electrooculography, objective visual acuity testing)
- Testing light and electric sensitivity and visual analyzer lability.
- Testing blood circulation of the eye and brain
- Complex testing color vision
- Identifying functional activity of ocularmotor apparatus
- Electric and photostimulating treatment of dystrophies and inflammations of the optic nerve and retina, accommodation spasms, myopia, hyperopia, amblyopia, and ocular motor disorders
- Microbiology Group of Sanitary Epidemiologic Department
- Laboratory for Ultrasonic Diagnosis and Treatment of Eye Diseases
- Laboratory for Electron Microscopy
- Laboratory for Pathomorphological and Electron Microscopic Study
- Laboratory for Medical and Technical Developments
- Laboratory of Binocular Vision Disorders
- Laboratory for Immunological Research
- Department of Functional and Diagnostic Study
- Department of Physiotherapy
- Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory
- Laboratory of Biochemistry