Laboratory of Biochemistry
The Laboratory was founded by Ivan Chikalo, Professor, Doctor of Medical Science in 1936.
Head: Mikheitseva Irina M., Professor, Doctor of Medical Science
Head – 048 748 07 15
Laboratory – 048 729 83 57
Elena Dragomiretskaya, senior researcher
Sergei Kolomiichuk, researcher
Elena Baidan, research assistant
Tatiana Malova, research assistant
Tatiana Parkhomenko, research assistant
Marina Shereglyuk, research assistant
The laboratory carries out research on improving the treatment methods and developing new ones for age-related, degenerative and inflammatory eye diseases. It also provides experimental clinical and biochemical investigations for such eye conditions as age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, stromal dystrophy of the cornea and recurrent corneal erosion, herpetic keratitis, eye burns, cataract, glaucoma and uveitis.
One of the new directions is getting a collagen corneal module of the human cornea from enucleated eyes, studying mechanical and light technical parameters of the corneal matrix. There are animal investigations on transplantability and collagen fibers of transplanted matrix, and on creating the artificial cornea of recombinant human and porcine collagen.
The research for the study of the mechanisms of action of laser radiation on the retina.
In addition, one of the new directions in the development and experimental studies of biochemistry lab module is to obtain a collagen corneal tissue from human corneal enucleated eyes, studying the mechanical and lighting settings corneal matrix defining it hydroxyproline.
- Microbiology Group of Sanitary Epidemiologic Department
- Laboratory for Ultrasonic Diagnosis and Treatment of Eye Diseases
- Laboratory for Electron Microscopy
- Laboratory for Pathomorphological and Electron Microscopic Study
- Laboratory for Medical and Technical Developments
- Laboratory of Binocular Vision Disorders
- Laboratory for Immunological Research
- Department of Functional and Diagnostic Study
- Department of Physiotherapy
- Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory
- Laboratory of Biochemistry