Laboratory for Electron Microscopy
Head: Molchanyuk Natalia - PhD, cand. biolog. sc., senior researcher
Laboratory staff :
Chernezhenko Karina Andreevna – researcher
Lyudmila Volkova - research assistant
Gavronskaya Natalia Mironovna - research assistant
Boyko Nadezhda A.- research assistant
Swede Anna V. - research assistant
Gutnik Viktor Nikolaevich - chief engineer
Contact: 048 729 84 92
Electron microscopy laboratory was founded in 1968 by prof. Dumbrova N.E. (1968 - 2015 years).
The laboratory conducts fundamental research of the ultrastructure of different biological tissues, including the study of eye pathology.
Main directions of fundamental research laboratories:
1) the study of structural mechanisms, mainly therapeutic effects on eye tissues various physical factors ultrasound, electromagnetic fields, lasers;
2) the study of age and pathological changes in various tissues of the eye;
3) study of experimental glaucoma and hypertension;
4) questions of scleroplasty;
5) study of the nature of photocoagulation at melanoblastoma;
6) study of the impact on the eye tissues of relatively small doses of ionizing radiation;
7) degenerative processes in the tissues of anterior and posterior segments of the eye;
8) various issues related to the pathogenesis and therapy of glaucomatous process and antiglaucomatous action of lasers;
9) the study of the structural mechanisms of influence on eye tissuess like pharmaceuticals, high-frequency electric welding and preparations for intravitreal injection;
10) study of the ultrastructure of secondary cataracts and pupillary membranes ,occurred in children;
11) study of the effects of toxic factors in the visual analyzer;
12) experimental study of medicinal products in the form of nanoparticles on the eye tissues on eye burn models and contusions in order to be implemented hem in ophthalmology .
There were published over 430 scientific papers in national and international scientific journals. Sections on fundamental ultrastructural study included 17 doctoral and 27 master's theses, patents.
Lab equipped with an electron microscope and 0,5 nm range resolution electron optical magnification of 50 × to 600,000 ×, and other high-tech equipment.
Research carried out by highly qualified experts in electron microscopy. Electron microscopy is used to study animal and plant tissues and microorganisms at the cellular and subcellular levels.
We invite you to cooperate with our laboratory to perform basic research in modern ultrastructural level.
- Microbiology Group of Sanitary Epidemiologic Department
- Laboratory for Ultrasonic Diagnosis and Treatment of Eye Diseases
- Laboratory for Electron Microscopy
- Laboratory for Pathomorphological and Electron Microscopic Study
- Laboratory for Medical and Technical Developments
- Laboratory of Binocular Vision Disorders
- Laboratory for Immunological Research
- Department of Functional and Diagnostic Study
- Department of Physiotherapy
- Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory
- Laboratory of Biochemistry