Clinical residency has been running in the Filatov Institute since 1946. It has trained over 220 ophthalmologists for this time. Clinical residency is a 2 years programme. Admission is competitive, the entrance examination in specialty "Ophthalmology" is held in June, classes start on the 1st of September.
The clinical residency and postgraduate study are contract based for foreign students, training period is 3-4 years, and starting date is according to the contract.
Documents are required for application:
- Application for admission addressed to the director of the Filatov Institute.
- Personnel record card with photo certified at the place of employment (2 copies).
- Copies of the Diploma of Higher Education in Medicine and Certificate of Graduating from Internship in specialty Ophthalmology.
- Extract from an employment book (the three years practical specialty experience after graduating from the internship) or statement from the records of Academic council of the institute with recommendations to continue education (for interns).
- Statement of good health (form 286).
- A list of published works (if exist) or abstract on specialty (no more than 12 pages) should be sent to the academic secretary of the Filatov Institute.
Passport and Diploma of the Higher Education are presented in person.